As always, I’m really behind on most of the important updates there are for us yuri fans, and that’s exactly why I decided to collect all the yuri-related news from the past few weeks and months and post them all together in one post. Hopefully I didn’t forget about anything. If I did, feel free to let me know in the comments.
First of all, let’s list all the new yuri or yuri-ish shows that were announced. On a side note, clicking on the shows’ title will redirect you to the websites where I got the info from.
As most of you hopefully know, this weekend, the Comic Market 86 is taking place in Tokyo. Tons of doujinshi, CDs, games. and whatnot will be released during the 3 days this event is taking place. But other than fanmade goods, there was also some quite important news released, so here are the most recent updates:
- The Nanoha series will yet again get another season, called Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha Vivid. It seems as if this season will focus on Vivio, instead of Nanoha, but as long as Nanoha and Fate are still part of the show, I’m so going to watch it. I guess it’s now time to finally read the manga. Maybe there will be some NanoFate moments waiting for us~
- Kiniro Mosaic will get a second season called Hello!! Kiniro Mosaic. No more information has been revealed yet.
- Gochuumon wa Usagi desu ka? (Is the Order a Rabbit?) will also get a second season, but just like in Kiniro Mosaic‘s case, not much information is out yet.
Other than these recent announcements, there are also quite a lot of others that have been around for a bit longer:
- Originally, Kantai Collection was set to premiere this summer. However, they couldn’t make it, which is why it was delayed to Fall 2014. Unfortunately, this won’t happen either, and the new release date is set for January 2015. Let’s all hope that there won’t be any more delays.
- On a brighter note, Strike Witches‘ OVA Operation Victory Arrow will air in theaters September 19th and 20th. A third season has also been announced last year, so there’s a lot to look forward to!
- As many of you probably already know, Yuru Yuri will also get another season, but in this case it’s not exactly a new season. It’s an OVA, titled Yuru Yuri Nachuyachumi!. It will be released in selected theaters at the end of November this year.
- There’s also great news for the Love Live! fans, but the ones who watched the second season surely already know about this. So as it seems, there will be a Love Live! movie at some point, but I couldn’t find any more information regarding that movie.
- What I’m excited for the most is the news that there will be a special episode released with the Akuma no Riddle Blu-Ray set in December. I have no idea what it will be about, even though I have some assumptions.
In other news, Studio Ghibli’s movie When Marnie Was There started airing in theaters this summer. I’ve only seen the trailer so far, and it surprisingly looks pretty yuri-ish to me. Well, I haven’t taken the time to look up more information about this movie, so maybe it’s not as yuri-ish as it looks at first glance. But since I’m planing to watch it anyway, I’ll surely find out about it soon.
Finally, let’s also talk about the cancellation of the yuri magazine Hirari. Just like Tsubomi, Hirari is yet another yuri magazine that seemingly didn’t sell well enough. I can’t really say that this came as a surprise, but I’m nonetheless pretty sad to hear this. For the ones who have never heard about this magazine, it’s probably enough to say that Kase-san was one of the manga running in this one. Feeling down already? Well, we still have Yuri Hime magazine, and even some manga that run as online releases….
Before I forget it, since this is an update post, here are some of my recently updated entries. Feel free to check them out: