Admittedly, I haven’t played the actual game yet, though I’ve seen the parts that make this one so important and awesome for us yuri fans. That’s why I’m quite excited to see that the full version of the fanmade Visual Novel getting is released – and it’s not even an April Fool’s joke~
Copied from this project’s Tumblr account, here’s some info on the game:
In Love is Strange, you play as Max Caulfield, an 18-year-old in her second year at the prestigious Blackwell Academy in the sleepy seaside town of Arcadia Bay, Oregon. Max, who aspires to become a famous photographer, finds herself challenged by the prospect of entering a photography contest hosted by her school. To be able to enter the contest, she has to pick a partner to work with. From there on out, what happens is up to you.
- A female protagonist with 4 female love interests to choose from: Chloe Price, Kate Marsh, Victoria Chase, and Rachel Amber
- Emotional storylines and characterization that respond to your choices
- Peaceful alternate universe setting with all of the cozy nostalgia of Arcadia Bay but none of the suffering
- More than 150,000 words and hours of gameplay
- 9 unique endings
- A journal that changes dynamically according to your decisions
- 32 achievements to find
- A gallery with 48 unlockable images
- Available for Windows, Mac, and Linux
- Hawt Dawg Man
- Lots of love for the world of Life is Strange and its characters
This game has been a passion project, and, in the end, it has been a labor of love. It has come to mean a great deal to every single person on the team, and we would all love to hear your thoughts, feelings, and feedback. Use the hashtag #lisvn to discuss the game, link us your reviews, film Let’s Plays- we want to hear it all! Most of all, please spread the word about Love is Strange. We would love to see it reach every fan who’s ever hoped for a happier world for Max and company.